Dibò che bello! That’s what Marco Simoncelli must have said when he looked down on today’s Sic Supermoto Day All Stars race and saw all the riders that partecipated in the event and help raise funds for the Foundation that bears his name.
The event raised over 90,000 euros and saw over 5000 people attend the two-day event, despite the cold and rainy weather.
The top names from different racing categories faced off in the 58 lap endurance race under a massive rain shower that hit the Latina circuit and and the race was won by Andrea Dovizioso - Simoncelli’s eternal rival from minimotos to MotoGP - together with his super-fast partner Mauno Hermunen as they beat the Matt Wintanley- Cristian Iddon duo by just half a second.
Finishing in third place were Thierry Van Den Bosch and Valentino Rossi who according to everyone rode like a devil exciting all the fans, but in the end it wasn’t enough, as they were 30 seconds off pace.
An emotional Paolo Simoncelli handed out the trophies and he received the hugs and affection from all the riders.
ALL STARS Race Results:
1. Mauno Hermunen - Andrea Dovizioso 58 lap in 1:06’10.556
2. Matthew Winstanley - Cristian Iddon;
3. Valentino Rossi -Thierry Van Den Bosch;
4. Massimiliano Verderosa - Andrea Antonelli;
5. Ivan Lazzarini - Mattia Pasini;
6. Graziano Rispoli - Raffaele De Rosa;
7. Paolo Gaspardone - Alex Gramigni;
8. Adrien Chareyre - Massimiliano Biaggi;
9. Alex Serafini - Lorenzo Savadori;
10. Paolo Cianfrocca - Eddy La Marra.
SUPER RIDERS Race Results:
1. Minutilli-Venturi 58 laps in 1:07’49.887;
2. Di Cicco-Giancristofaro;
3. De Cesare-Paoloni;
7. Colella-Di Mattia;
10. De Vallier-Zotta.