Published on 21 Aug 2009 by Toni M.
All the leaks, speculation, rumors and gossip regarding Jorge Lorenzo’s eventual switch to Ducati in 2010 that has been keeping MotoGP journalists, websites and forums awake this past week, but it also produced a certain effect, because Lorenzo’s manager Marcos Hirsch has gone on the record with the Motogp.com official website to clear the situation and state that his client is still going over the two options that are open to him, Yamaha and Ducati.
“Until the middle of this week we were still ticking off the boxes and finalising the offers. We are getting close to concluding our evaluation of the pros and cons of the offers and we acknowledge that now is the right moment to make a decision.”
Hirsch also revelead that confirmation could come next weekend during the Indianapolis GP with the the rider’s manager adding that sporting factors would be the key to the decision: “money is important but it is at the bottom of our list of priorities.”
The Indy weekend is Lorenzo’s last chance to decide where he wants to go, because Yamaha is tired of waiting and Lorenzo is holding them and the rest of the paddock up in chosing their riders for the 2010 season.
Only one week to go and another piece of the silly season puzzle will go into place and hopefully we’ll hear something more about Casey Stoner.