These pics show the new MotoGP bike FB Corse, which will debut with the Team FB Corse in MotoGP. In an exclusive to Motoblog.it, the new bike is previewed before its debut at the final MotoGP round in Valencia on November 8 (full technical specs after the jump).
The Team FB Corse will take part in the 2010 MotoGP season, and is showcasing Italian technology and passion at its best. The FB Corse bike is already at an advanced stage of development, built by Oral Engineering Group with Mauro Forghieri at the helm. He has experience in the racing department of Ferrari, and is working with Franco Antoniazzi.
The new team has more than 20 years of experience, winning two Italian superbike championships with Giovanni Bussei and Mauro Sanchini. From 1991 to 2006 it has been among the most successful private teams in world superbike and in 2005 gained second placing in the world Supersport championship with Alessandro Antonello, and forth in the Superstock with Niccolò Canepa.
From 2003 to 2007 Team FB Corse has won the best private team accolades and in 2008 it collaborated with Team DFX, with Australian Superbike rider Russell Holland debuting with the Honda CBR1000RR.
Team DFX-Bertocchi was created in January 2008 by Andrea Ferrari and Sergio Bertocchi after experience in the 1980’s with Bertocchi having a successful career as a rider. The Bertocchi Team marks an important part of Italian motorcycling history.
The team was founded by Sergio Bertocchi and since 1989 has had the support of Kawasaki, and has been committed to developing its technical capabilities through qualified staff. Currently the first ever video diary of creating a MotoGP bike is being made, showing the people involved and the testing that needs to be done.
The program will follow step-by-step the making of the bike, right down to its ultimate debut in MotoGP. The program, made in collaboration with Interface, will be shown on television. But to whet your appetite a little, below are the technical specs of the motorcycle in question, all courtesy of FB Corse.
A seguire la scheda tecnica della nuova moto.
• 4-stroke, in-line three-cylinder
• Total power: 797.99 c.c
• Bore: 90 mm
• Stroke 41.8 mm
• Compression ratio: 13.9:1
• Power: more than 150kW @ 18000 rpm
• Cylinder head with pneumatic valve system
• Electro-mechanically operated variable length intake trumpets
• Mechanical accelerator and drive by wire system
• Electro-hydraulic clutch
• Six-speed semi-automatic transmission
• Hydraulic pressure control: 200 bar
• Magneti Marelli engine management system
• Alluminium frame
• Tank capacity: 22 l
• Aluminium rear swingarm, with progressive suspension and Ohlins shock absorber
• Brembo brakes: front disc ø 320 mm MMC, rear ø 218 mm
• Wheels: front 16” x 3.6”, rear 16.5” x 6.25”
• Bridgestone tyres
• Overall weight: 143 kg
• Carbon fibre bodywork
• Cx aerodynamic: 0.22, from wind tunnel measures, 0,27 with rider on-board.
For more information on the team, see the FB Corse site. All the very best of luck to them for this ambitious project and we can’t wait to see them at the MotoGP next year!
Source | Motoblog.it